Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day Eleven: A Grand Night For Singing

It was "A Grand Night For Singing" and what a night it was indeed.  As part of the theatre class I am in, we go and see many different shows. Tonight we saw the final dress rehearsal for "A Grand Night For Singing" put on by my school. The show was fantastic. It is a series of Roger and Hammerstein songs from various shows they wrote woven into one show. The songs flowed seamlessly, as if they were written to be performed together.  You could hear hints of the different eras the shows were set in, which took me around the world and back in time, and returned me to the same seat I began the show in. Musical theatre is a great love of mine, so to be able to sit down and see a show, all of music, for free was amazing. I got goosebumps. The show made me happy and sad and made me want to laugh and dance, all which are indicators of an amazing show. The applaud the cast and crew for putting on such a wonderful show.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment