Friday, October 24, 2014

Day Thirty-Four: Relief

Today has been quite the busy day, and it's only 4 pm. I started my day by going to the Center for Health and Wellbeing. Lately my chest has been tight when I've been swimming, so I got that checked out. The doctor thinks that I'm allergic to the chlorine, which causes my bronchial tubes to become constricted. So, she gave me an inhaler with a bronchial dilator and allergy medicine. Hopefully that will do the trick and I'll be breathing properly at the Rutgers meet tomorrow. After that I had class, which was a pretty normal day in French.
This afternoon my dad took me to lunch at New World Tortilla. I had never been there before, and the food is really good. The wrap I got was huge; I couldn't even finish it, but it was delicious. Since my dad is working in Burlington, we are trying to go to lunch every other week. It's been nice so far. After that he showed me his new office at VEIC. The building is awesome. There are bright colors and things are open, which makes the office space seem cheerful and alive.
For the past hour I've been packing and relaxing. At 4:30 the swim club will leave to go down to New Jersey. We're going to stay in a hotel tonight before going to the Rutgers meet. I'm so excited! This will be my first swim meet, so I'm slightly nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it. It will be one more thing I'll be able to say I've done.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment