Friday, October 31, 2014

Day Forty-One: Halloween

Happy Halloween! Today as I walked through the Fireplace Lounge in L/L I was surrounded by a mob of cuteness. Local kids parade through the building every year. They were dressed up in every costume conceivable; there were fairies and Disney princesses and SWAT team members and pirates. The look on every kids' face was pure excitement. They got to show off their awesome costume to so many people! I wish I could go back to the days when finding a costume was easy; you just asked your mom to help you and they would drive you to the closest store. I had a hard time coming up with a costume today, but I needed something. I have rehearsal tonight, so we're all going dressed up. As per a friend's suggestion, I am dressing up nicely and pinning "I'm sorry." onto my dress to be "a formal apology". I think the witty costumes are always fun.
Another exciting thing happened today. I talked to my theatre professor, and I officially declared a second minor in theatre! I'm really excited. I've always loved theatre, but I never thought it would be something I could study; I never thought that I was "good" enough. When I looked at the requirements for the minor, it seemed easy to accomplish, only 6 classes, all of which I can't wait to take. I'm going to try to take Fundamentals of Costuming this Spring semester, because then I'll be able to help with costuming for Much Ado About Nothing. I think this is a great way to stay involved with the theatre, even if I'm not acting in a show.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment