Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day Twenty-Two: Nothing

I'm not sure why, but I have nothing on my mind. Today, I guess, will just be a day of free writing. No topic, just random thoughts... This should get interesting.  Maybe I can't think of things because it's been a long week. I have had so much going on. It feels like forever since last weekend, and it seems like this weekend flew by to quickly. I wish that UVM had a fall break. I could really use more than two days to just relax and recover from what's been a crazy half to the semester. I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm also staying really busy. I work, a lot, and I have a lot of reading to do for class. I am still trying to stay involved and go to different events.  All of this is adding up to a crazy schedule, but I'd rather be busy than be bored. I have always juggled a lot of things in my schedule, so I know that I can manage, but a break would be nice. I'm just thinking about how nice Thanksgiving Break will be.
I really could go for Thanksgiving right now. The parade, the stuffing, the pumpkin pie... All of that would be so nice. And the weather will be perfect. I love November weather. It can be sad some days, but others it's the perfect crisp air and it's cold enough to wear a nice coat, boots, hat, gloves and scarf outside, but at the same time you're perfectly cozy with a sweater and socks on inside (as long as you cozy up to the wood stove with a mug of hot chocolate). Fall has to be my favorite season. I also think Thanksgiving is an underrated holiday. I always love the warmth of watching the parade together and baking and cooking all day long. It's a nice time to reflect and reset your mind for the rest of the semester. I'm sitting here in October, and now I just can't wait for November to come!
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment