Monday, October 6, 2014

Day Sixteen: Just Another Day

Nothing big or important happened today. When I think about it, nothing really happened today except for the usual classes and working and practice. I have fallen into a big routine. Nothing broke it up today, but I guess that was good. After a long weekend it was nice to get back to the same schedule.
Over the past two weeks plus I have started to make daily blogging part of my routine. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I have found it really nice to write a little bit before I go to bed. I sleep better without everything whirling around upstairs. I know I don't get everything out; I don't go on long rants, but it is nice to write something, to get out some of the clutter in my brain. It's also very peaceful. No one's telling me what to write; there are no due dates, only the schedule I have set for myself, which I'm trying hard to adhere to. There are no grades, nothing. It is me and my computer screen, fingers on keyboard, typing what comes to mind. It's meditative in a way. I can really see how writing is therapeutic for people. I think it's starting to become that way for me too. It's also helping my confidence. I feel okay now with my written voice. I want people to see what I'm saying. I no longer feel too shy to post a blog about my thoughts and opinions. This has helped me break out of a shell I didn't even know I was in. I don't know who makes up my elusive audience, but thank you for helping me break free from part of my comfort zone.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment