Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day Fifteen: Mexican Food and Anastasia

Today was another lazy day. I woke up late and did homework. I had a lot of reading to catch up on, but it's done now. After that I did go swimming. I met up with someone on the swim club to do a swim workout together. She helped me with my butterfly stroke, which I'm still learning. With her help I pretty much have it down. It's all a matter of strength and endurance now, so it should get better with practice. I'm starting to feel like a real swimmer now.
Later this night my friend invited me upstairs to a suite dinner. The program housed above mine, Dead Poets Society, was having a Mexican night. They invited me up for tacos and quesadillas, and yes guacamole, lots of guacamole. It was so nice to sit down for a meal and not be in the dining halls. They get old very quickly, and I haven't had good Mexican food in so long. After dinner we were all hanging out, so we decided we had to watch a movie. After a long discussion, we finally decided to watch Anastasia, because of how historically accurate it is, and we just wanted to watch an animated movie. It was my first time ever seeing the movie, but I remember learning about the Romanovs in AP European History last year. I really liked sitting and watching an animated movie. I haven't watched one in so long.
Everything about today was so simple and relaxing. It has gotten me ready for a crazy week ahead.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment