Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day Thirty-Two: Toys

Tonight we had our first rehearsal for Toys Take Over Christmas, UVM's annual Christmas show. We did a read through and basic introductions. The cast seems like it will be a fun group of people to work with over the next month and a half. The play is obviously geared towards little children, who still believe in the magic of Christmas and Santa Claus, and that's part of what will make this so fun. Everything is so over the top in a way you can only do for children. I'm excited to really get in to rehearsals, and of course to perform for kids, because they are such a captivating audience.
The entire cast, including our director, SM, and ASM, seem like they will be a lot of fun together. We only had a few short hours together, but I can already sense some bonding, and that we'll be a tight-knit cast. I missed my high school theatre people, so I'm excited to be working on a show again. When I first came to UVM, I didn't think I was going to act. It was something I wanted to do, but I never thought I would be good enough to get a part, going up against all of the theatre majors and minors. I love how Toys is set up; it a great, non-intimidating way to get your feet wet with the Royall Tyler Theatre. I'm excited to become a Toy!
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment