Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day Fourteen: Lazy Days

Lazy days are the best types of days. I think they are very underrated, though. As a kid I always felt I needed to be doing something, hanging out with friends or building a fort or practicing to be the next world record holder for hula-hooping. No one told me to take a break, to have a lazy day now and then. I have always been on the go, jumping around from one activity to the next, with way too much on my plate. I rarely took the time to have a me day, a lazy day.
Today, thankfully, was a lazy day. When I finally woke up I did nothing with my hair, I didn't wear makeup, and I put on yoga pants and a tie-dye shirt. Then I walked to the dining hall to eat a simple bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. It was all that I could ask for. After working so hard all week and feeling constantly busy it was so nice to take a breather and not have responsibilities.  I didn't have a schedule to adhere to or tasks I needed to complete. Better yet, I had the time to sit down and have a really nice phone conversation with my parents. That was the perfect way to end my week. I need to take more lazy days, mental health days just to remind myself that it's good to relax, and that I can pull through everything that's going on.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment