Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day Thirty-Eight: Simple Joys

As we get closer and closer to Thanksgiving break, everything seems to pile on. It's not even Halloween just yet and the professors are worried about getting everything in before we go home for a week. On top of class work, a lot of sports have events; I just had my first swim meet and others are going to important races and games. For me, also, rehearsal has started. It can be a lot to juggle at once. Things can get stressful, so I need to make sure that I'm finding the simple joys in things. Today I went to the library to work on my French skit with my partner. We found the joy in the skit by making her roommate a cat, instead of the expected human. In class, I try to find at least one thing in the lesson I really enjoy and can hang on to in order to get through the rest of the class.  Rehearsal does provide a much needed break. Instead of stressing about all of the things I have to do, I can become my character and enjoy thinking about how much fun the children will have when we perform.  Everyone is happy and laughing and enjoying every moment of rehearsal, despite how hot the rehearsal space can get.  These little joys and laughter help get me through the day and refocus me in my studying.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment