Monday, November 3, 2014

Day Forty-Four: Dinner

Too often when I get hungry I just go to the dining halls. I don't ask people to go with me; I don't wait for a large group to form; I just go. Most of the time I find people to sit with, but sometimes I don't. I've gotten okay with the fact that some meals will just be eaten alone. However, as I have started to meet people, I find more and more people to sit with. Sometimes though, I like going with a group, even if I only know a few people there at the beginning of the meal.
Tonight was one of those nights. I trekked over to Red Stone to eat at Simpson. It was a nice change of pace, and it was great to see people I haven't seen in weeks, even if I did get there when they were almost done. The thing about being in a group, is that people will stay around until you finish.  One of my friends had to go, but I had just met five awesome new people, so it was okay.  After a fun, but long, weekend, it was really nice to sit down at a table and just laugh about how soft the carpets are and tell awkward stories from years past.  That meal, as simple as it was, was exactly what I needed to start this busy week.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment