Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day Fifty-Three: Character Study

In The Toys Take Over Christmas, I'm the Cowgirl. The whole time we've been in rehearsal, I've just thought of myself as the Cowgirl, no name, just feeling out situations as I went. I knew the basics of my character, that I was upbeat and very excited about new things (ie. Sunny), but I hadn't spent enough time in my own skin. Tonight after rehearsal, I sat down and did a character study. My name is Jessie C. Buckley (the C. stands for Catherine) and I'm three years old and I have a horse named Midnight. I figured out my favorite color, food and pass time. I also thought seriously about my relation to each character. This has helped me figure out the finer details in my reactions to people.  Why do I react the way I do to Colette? What makes me believe the Toy Maker so fully-heartedly at first? Why do I want to be sold so badly? I feel like now, after my reflection, I can truly be Jessie C. Buckley, the Cowgirl.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment