Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day Forty-Five: Dance

For rehearsal tonight, we were in the racquetball courts. We had no other place on campus to rehearse.  It's a strange place for a play rehearsal, but it ended up working out.  In The Toys Take Over Christmas, there is a dance number. Today, we learned the choreography to 90% of it. It was a long three hours of dancing in a small, hot room, but it was fun. We got to do some fun partner dancing, as well as some individual moves with fast footwork. I always forget how much I love dancing. I'm not the best, but when I'm learning a dance for a show, I always have so much fun. Theatre is so expressive, and I love how dancing works perfectly as another form of expressing your character. Tonight was a struggle, but it was a fun struggle.
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment