Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day Fifty-Two: Proof

Tonight I saw Proof at St. Michael's College. It is a play about two daughters who lost their father. He was a mathematical genius, and one of his protégés, when looking through his journals of work, came across a new proof. The story unfolds as they try to explain the proof, and figure out who solved it. I wasn't sure what to expect of the show; after all, it is a show about math, but I really liked it. The acting was good; the actors clearly knew their characters, and their backgrounds. The writing also was well done, putting focus of relationships, going back to memories, instead of focusing just on the math and the problem (quite literally) at hand. It was a surprisingly good show, but one I probably won't see again, at least not any time soon. I'm glad I went to see it, and I got back in time to still go to some of rehearsal!
-Libby Morehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment